RECIPE: NEAPOLITAN PIZZA
Ingredients for 10 Pizzas:
1 liter of water
1,7 kg of flour (W 260/310) W= the strength of the flour or baking capacity
50 -70 g of dough storage or sourdough or yeast base
50 g of salt
3-5 g of brewer’s yeast
Dilute the brewer’s yeast in a bowl, after that melt the dough storage in the water.
- Add ¼ of flour, mix well and add salt working strongly the dough for a few second. Add gradually the remaining flour and keep on mixing until it detaches from the bowl.
- Transfer the dough on the work surface and work it gently making some folds. Make a dough ball, cover it with the bowl and let it rest for 15 minutes. Work it again for 10 seconds and repeat this operations for 3 times.
- Divide the dough in 10 parts forming 10 dough balls. Every ball has to weigh more or less 250-300 g that is the right quantity for a pizza or a “focaccia”.
- To make the balls you have to create a roll and detach a piece using the thumb and the index finger as if you wanted to press the dough.
- A hand has to stand still and the other hand with circular movements press the dough to create the ball.
- Make them rise for 5-7 hours in a box spaced 2 cm from each other and cover them. If halfway through rising the dough is hot, put it in the fridge and remove it 1 hour before its usage.
To roll out Pizza:
- Take a dough ball and start to roll it using fingertips giving to it a circular and regular shape.
When you will roll out the dough until 1 cm of thickness, start to stretch it holding a side of the dough with a hand and with the other hand pull outwards the opposite side of the dough. After that, with a rapid movement turn the dough on the free hand. Repeat this movement more than once until obtaining the thickness desired. Remember that the movements must be rapid but gentle at the same time taking care not to puncture the dough.
Rolling out a Pizza dough is not easy but not impossible! You only need practice, so LET’S START!